Foreign Recognitions

The study abroad should be an additional qualification, but not a substitute for the study in Karlsruhe.

For the module Management Accounting (MA) you can have courses credited either for the course MA 1 or the course MA 2. However, it is not possible to take courses abroad for both courses. This means that for our module Management Accounting you have to take one of the two courses with us.

We will only recognise courses in Management Accounting (Controlling), but not in Financial Accounting (External Accounting).

The study abroad should be at a reputable university. The scope of the course should be sufficient for the 4.5 LP to be substituted.

Grade-neutral recognition is not possible.

Seminars cannot be recognized.

Recognition process

Please conclude a Learning Agreement (Anerkennungsvereinbarung) with us prior to your stay abroad.
► The Learning Agreement must specify which course (MA 1 or MA 2) you will take with us at KIT and which you would like to replace with your stay abroad.
► Only fully completed applications can be examined by us. We will not give provisional recognition on the basis of incomplete documents.
► Once approved, a Learning Agreement is binding for us. (It facilitates our work with the final recognition).
► In exceptional cases, a Learning Agreement can still be concluded after the stay abroad. (E.g. if the application could not be submitted completely before departure). In this case, the risk of recognition of academic achievements lies with you.

On the Wiwi-Portal you can apply for recognition under the following link:

Application Learning Agreement at IBU / LS Prof. Wouters resp. https://portal.

You should have the following documents ready for each of these:

  • Course descriptions abroad (official document of the university, max. 4 pages in German or English ). We will gladly sign off more than one course abroad in the LA, so that you have more flexibility in compiling your timetable on site.
  • Classification of course level: e.g. Master's programme, Bachelor's programme (official document of the university)
  • Proof of course scope (official document of the university) and conversion of course credits into ECTS.
    Our academic year has 60 ECTS or LP. Please indicate how many LP/ECTS/credits (or other "points") must be earned in the program there per year.
  • Specify course to be taken with us, MA 1 or MA 2

► On the form "Schmuckblatt" the approval takes place on the part of the IBU / MA, if the courses can be recognized. You will receive the signed recognition agreement back from us via scan/mail.

(This form is used by the IBU / MA to approve the Learning Agreement.)

Final recognition

After the stay abroad the final approval with grade.

► Required documents / evidence:

► Please scan all completed forms and certificates (ToR) in very good quality and send them to us by mail.

Please include the module and the achievement/placement in the study schedule. Otherwise their recognition cannot be properly booked or processed
by the examination office.

If you have further questions, please write an email to: Nadine.Fleischer∂

Please allow two weeks for each step of the process.